4. Kate Middleton-Inspired Half-Up, Half-Down Hairstyle
Every girl deserves to have princess hair for a day, even if they don't have a stylist available at their beck and call. Now thanks to this super simple tutorial, you can recreate the Duchess of Cambridge's signature look on your own in just 10 minutes flat!
Get the Look:
1. It’s best to start with mostly straight hair that has a little bit of curl at the bottom. This seems to be a favorite look of Kate’s.
2. Tease your hair at the crown and back a bit, but not all the way to the nape of the neck, just at the top. Create a mini bouffant at the crown of your head, leaving out the front. Secure with two bobby pins going straight across.
3. Start on one side — it doesn’t matter which — and take the front section of hair that you had left out. Pull it back and across, twisting at the end. Secure on the far side of the half-up section.
4. Repeat step 3 but with the remaining side securing on the opposite side as well.
5. Going back to the side you started with, take a section of hair from under the first section and pull over and across, lightly twisting as you go. Secure with a bobby pin on the far side, so the hair is brought all the way over.
6. Repeat step 5 with the other side.
7. Optional: Fluff the hair a little or add some hair pins to make sure there are no bald spots showing, but other than that, you’re done!