3. Low Braided Headband Bun
We love this whimsical look for a beach or rustic setting since it keeps every strand in place, even during windy weather conditions. This particular tutorial uses a Dutch braid technique (also referred to as an upside-down French braid) but it can be easily modified to fit any braid style and it works best on second-day hair.
Get the Look:
1. Separate a small section from the front of the hairline and then begin a small Dutch braid right behind it.
2. When the braid reaches the top of the ear, continue down in a regular braid and wrap a clear elastic band over the end.
3. Pull all the hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
4. Take small sections of the ponytail and wrap the pieces back into the band to create a chic bun.
5. Finish by tucking the front strands that were left out over the braid and pin them in place. Smooth down any flyaways with a light misting of hairspray.