-AS SEEN IN BRIDAL GUIDE MAGAZINE-
Arms: Banded Plies
1.Take a low or medium-resistance exercise band and fold it in half, holding one end in each hand. Stand with feet wider than shoulder width, with toes and legs turned out. Extend arms straight out in front of you at shoulder level.
2. Bend your knees as you extend your arms wide, keeping arms straight, and stretching the band as you go. Return to starting position. Do 2 sets of 20 reps. Focus on keeping shoulders down and your core engaged. “This move targets arms, plus glutes and thighs,” Piskin says.
Added Challenge: “Try raising your heels when you are in the bent-knee position,” suggests Piskin.
Abs: Ab Flattener
1. Lie on a mat with your hands placed behind your head. Bend your legs as shown, with toes pointed; left toes touching the floor.
2. Keeping both legs bent, raise head and upper back off the floor into a crunch position, as you bring left heel upward to meet the right leg, crossing at the ankles so that legs form a diamond shape. Release upper body and left leg back to starting position. Do 10 to 20 reps on each side, then repeat.
“This exercise works not only the core, but also the inner and outer thighs, and glutes,” Piskin says.
Glutes: Curtsy Arm Extensions
1. Place your left foot in the middle of a resistance band, with your leg and toe turned out, holding the ends of the band at your sides. Place your right leg behind you with the ball of your foot on the floor.
2. Keeping arms straight, pull the band up and out as you bend both knees and lower straight down into a curtsy position, as shown. Return to starting position. Do 12-20 reps and repeat on opposite side. This move targets the glutes, along with arms, core and hamstrings.
Waist: Waist Whittler
1. Stand with feet wider than shoulder width, toes forward, balls of feet on a resistance band. Hold one end of the band with your right hand, elbow against hip, bending slightly to the right, as shown.
2. “Punch” right fist up toward ceiling, as you straighten at the waist, keeping elbow in line with fist.
3. Straighten arm up and overhead, leaning slightly to the left. Return to start position. Do 10-15 reps on each side.