Gifts of Charity
Some hosts prefer to make a donation to charity in lieu of favors (both at weddings and at bridal showers), especially if the bride or groom is very active with a particular foundation or cause. If you’re considering such a decision, create pretty announcement cards using attractive card stock, and attach a little something to the card, so the guests get a little treat as well. Some ideas:
- Foil-wrapped chocolate heart to accompany a donation to The Heart Foundation
- Pink ribbon pin to accompany a donation towards the fight against breast cancer
- Small panda magnet to accompany a donation to the World Wildlife Fund
- Small starfish magnet or charm to accompany a donation to an oceanography institute
- Pack of mints as a "breath of fresh air" to accompany a donation to the American Lung Cancer Association
- Framed version of the firefighter heroes postage stamp to accompany a donation to any 9/11 organization or firefighters' widows and children’s fund
- Baby picture of the bride to accompany a donation to the March of Dimes
- Small picture book on the same subject to accompany a donation to a specific charity working to save baby seals, whales, the spotted owl, etc.
Please check out any charity or foundation you’re planning to donate to at CharityNavigator.org, a clearinghouse that publishes the ratings and legitimacy of established charities.