Tackle Your Wedding Weight-Loss Plan!

Get tips, secrets and tricks on how to start your bridal diet and fitness plan--and learn how to stick to 'em.

Before diving belly-first into your wedding-day diet plan, psych yourself up with these tips from wellness coach and nutrition expert Jackie Keller:

Make a plan. Having a solid plan is the basis for any successful diet. Healthy carbs, from fruits and whole grains, should account for 50%-55% of your calorie intake, with the remaining 45%-50% split between proteins and fats. Fiber-rich legumes are the best protein source, while olive oil, grape-seed oil and nuts ("good" fats) promote glowing skin and satiety.

Give your pantry a makeover. Go through your shelves, read labels and toss out everything made from processed fl our and sugar, like crackers and cookies. If you need help with organizing a more diet-friendly kitchen, ask a friend for support.
Keep nutritious snacks handy. Stock up on fruits like apples, pears and bananas. A great snack to keep on hand: string cheese with whole-wheat pretzels. Proportioned servings of nuts (especially almonds and walnuts) are nourishing and portable.

Commit to a healthy mindset. If you aren't in the habit of eating lots of fruits and vegetables, make a list of healthy food habits that you need to adopt, and start to embrace them as the new you. "Brides have to prepare themselves for a new relationship with food, just like they’re preparing for one with their husbands-to-be," says Keller.