Anyone can pop some bite-sized candies and water bottles into a colored paper bag and call it a day. Instead, wow your guests with an array of unique items in those baskets, bags and reusable totes that are both functional and fun. Get inspired by these ideas on how to create a welcome basket that matches your theme or location, and also includes a little something that’s so very you.
For Your Island or Beach Wedding:
Start off with a beach-themed tote bag, in a sand color, islandy topical flower print, sea glass colors or palm tree motif.
Fun items to include:
- Sunscreen for the more sensitive areas (specifically the face and the top of the head)
- SPF lip protection in a colorful tube
- Burt’s Bees Insect Bite Stick and repellant spray
- Travel-sized aloe
- A bottle of island rum with soda, juice or root beer for a unique rum drink along with your favorite recipe
- Bottle opener with cute crab, lobster, starfish, turtle or other island-theme motif
- A laminated dive card identifying the types of tropical fish, turtles, coral and other sea life that your guests may see while snorkeling or kayaking
- Candy bars or truffles in tropical flavors, like coconut, mango buttercream, passionfruit gelee, or other exotic tastes
- Tropical print sarong
Pro tip: Make sure all snacks are packaged well, since many islands or beaches have indigenous little insects that could find their way into hotel rooms and swarm open treats, a most unwelcome surprise!