In our new "Friday Favorites" column, we'll share our top five inspirations of the week culled from real wedding submissions, industry events, what's trending in the weddings world and more!
1. Bridal Fashion Week is over, and the BG editors are still reeling from the parade of beautiful new dresses we saw in every imaginable style and price point. This season's trends include pink-hued gowns, gold embellishments and cap sleeves.
One great tip I got was from designer Pnina Tornai, who told me that she finds inspiration in the fine line between fantasy and reality. Search for a wedding dress that makes you feel like you're living in a dream every time that you put it on — this is your moment to try something really spectacular. Stay tuned for a recap on the most buzzed-about 2014 styles from each major designer.
2. Ramani and David's engagement photos make me want to bite the bullet and schedule a wedding anniversary shoot! They feature a wide variety of backdrops, including a rustic cabin, a ferris wheel, the changing fall leaves, and — my personal favorite — a boat filled with biodegradable confetti.
The couple's shoot took place at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, the same venue where Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul got married earlier this year. Check out Green Wedding Shoes to see more photos.
3. Candelabras make for romantic centerpieces at fall and winter weddings. Soon it's going to start getting darker earlier, so lighting will become even more crucial. Incorporate crystals and one big mass of flowers for a classic look, or ask your florist to wrap blooms around the base for a bolder approach that would work perfectly for an escort table arrangement.
Photo Credit: Milton Photography
4. Ward off the chill with an amazing cover-up. From cardigans to fur shrugs to lace capelets, anything goes! Besides, you don't need to wear it for the entire wedding — you can always take it off during the first dance/reception or save it for your getaway en route to the hotel.
5. LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT: Two-piece bridesmaid dresses. I wasn't always a fan of them because I feared they would look too casual for such a momentous event, but I can't stop thinking about this lace-and-peach combo that I spotted at a Southern wedding recently. What do you think of them?
Photo Credit: Terina Matthews
Tell us: What are you inspired by lately? What wedding plans do you have this weekend?
Featured: Mindy Weiss on How to Save Money on
Your Wedding Without Sacrificing Style.
Get more planning advice here.