The end of summer is upon us, and so begins the gradual transition to cooler temperatures and shorter days. Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I can never seem to get enough of the foliage or the flavors, and when it comes to a wedding, there are infinite possibilities to incorporate the season into your celebration. Below are just a few of our favorite fall wedding ideas.
1. Fall means the start of cooler temperatures. Embrace the season by adding a short lace sleeve to your bridal look.
2. Greet guests with glasses of bubbly garnished with traditional fall flavors like cranberries, pomegranates or orange rinds.
3. One of the simplest ways to celebrate fall is with seasonal blooms: Dahlias, calla lilies, and camellias are all gorgeous options for autumn. Work with your florist to highlight fall flowers in your bridal bouquet.
4. If you are planning an outside ceremony, provide guests with throws so that when the sun sets, they have more than your “I Dos” to keep them warm.
5. For your bridesmaid dresses, opt for slightly darker shades of your favorite summer colors, like charcoal instead of elephant grey or dusty rose over blush.
6. Find a way to incorporate fall foliage into your décor. Fallen leaves with metallic lettering make the most perfect place cards.
7. Accent your tables with candelabras. There is something so romantic about candlelight beyond the warm glow the flickering flames add to a space.
8. Autumnal flavors, like pumpkin and apple spice, are fun alternatives to traditional wedding cake flavors.
9. Warm metals like copper and rose gold are the perfect complement to fall’s color palette.
10. Send guests home with a taste of the season. Glass jars of honey or jam are not only chic but also useful; your friends and family will enjoy them long after your wedding day.
Jess Levin is the founder of Carats & Cake, a user-friendly website designed to help newly engaged couples sort through the various options for florists, bakeries and other vendors in their area through real feedback from real brides. Carats & Cake’s philosophy is simple: everyone deserves a dream wedding, and making this dream come true really doesn't need to be so hard.