What to Ask Your Photographer and Videographer
The images of your special day are so important, "yet many couples only focus on the pricing, or base their choice on portfolio alone," says Cagginello. But there are many more details to focus on.
Photo Credit: Michelle Vantine Photography
1. Do you specialize in wedding photography? (You don’t need a weddings-only shooter, but you do want someone who’s comfortable with both the ceremony and the reception.)
2. How would you describe your photography style? And can I see a portfolio of your work — beyond what’s on your website?
3. How/when do we go about creating a shot list? What information do you need from me before the event?
4. What is your working style on the day of the wedding? And how many shooters will cover the day?
5. How much time do you need to set up? And for how long will you shoot?
6. What type of equipment do you use? Do you have backup equipment on hand?
7. What’s the length of time for delivery of proofs? And what is the ordering process?
8. Can you provide me with a detailed price sheet? What do packages include?
9. Do you have a minimum number of hours? Will you stay if my event is running late and what are your overtime fees?
10. Will my wedding be your only job on that day? If not, what are the hours I can count on and what happens if you can’t make it to my wedding?
11. How long is your editing process?
12. Is there a cost for a video “tease”? (This is typically a 1-minute video short to share on social media.)