If a traditional getaway just isn't her speed, try one of these fun and modern celebrations she'll love.By: Sharon Naylor
Work Your Magic in Front of the Camera
Contact the bride's wedding photographer and set up a surprise, girls-only session. Invite her groom to join towards the end, so they can snap some couples' portraits as well.
Photo Credit: Jonathan Wherrett
1. Choose a picturesque locale. Inquire with the reception site if you can shoot photos on their grounds in exchange for use on their social networking sites or blog. The bride’s wedding coordinator can also be a great resource for scouting the perfect setting.
2. Establish a dress code. LBDs, jewel-toned cocktail dresses, all-white outfits — anything goes. If you have a flexible budget, consider hiring a manicurist to give mani/pedis to everyone beforehand, or splurge on a professional makeup application for the bride.
3. Serve light snacks and spirits. Set up food stations or a buffet with miniature appetizers and sandwiches. Treat everyone to the bride's favorite cocktail.
4. Get creative with your poses. Stumped? Check out 30 fun bridal party snapshots and our Photo of the Day section.
5. Give a sentimental gift to the bride. Great options include a DIY photo album or mounted frame that she can hang on the wall in her new home.