It's your day, and you're the star of the show! Learn how to get your crowning glory ready for the spotlight.By: Maureen Choi
- GET MISTY: Bring vitality to lifeless hair, while protecting color against harmful UV rays, with a detangling spray.
OUR PICK: Molton Brown Shining Starbloom Haircondition & Detangle
- SHINE ON: Using a weekly rinse-out gloss, designed to lock in pigment and brighten dull tresses, ensures your hair is protected.
OUR PICK: Oscar Blandi Luce Sheer Gloss
- DEEP CONDITION: Celebrity hairstylist, Oribe, suggests applying a hydrating mask from hair’s midshaft down to ends, once a week, to plump up dry strands.
OUR PICK: Oribe Signature Moisture Masque
- BE SMOOTH: A lightweight styling serum adds moisture and brilliance in a pinch.
OUR PICK: Umberto Beverly Hills Roman Oil Serum
- MUST BRUSH: Using a boar bristle brush before washing “stimulates circulation, exfoliates the scalp and distributes the natural oils across the hair shaft,” says Marina Perkovic, Phyto Universe Salon in NYC.
OUR PICK: Mason Pearson Handy Bristle Pure Boar Brush
- EAT UP: A diet that’s rich in fatty acids and proteins (vitamins work too!) helps hair become thicker, denser and healthier,” says Donna Tripodi, Eva Scrivo Salon in NYC.
OUR PICK: Kérastase Paris Densitive Dietary Supplement
- SCALP TLC: Whether you suffer from a dry or oily scalp, purify instantly by massaging essential oils into your roots.
OUR PICK: Phytopolléine Universal Elixir
- HAIR RAISER: Don’t let the stresses of wedding planning cause temporary hair loss or thinning. A tonic rich in amino acids and botanical extracts boosts bulk around the clock.
OUR PICK: Leonor Greyl Tonique Vivifiant
- PERFECT ENDING: Repair damaged ends and boost shine with a split-end-specific treatment—overstyling and color processing don’t stand a chance.
OUR PICK: René Furterer Karité No Rinse Repairing Serum
- DON’T OVERWASH: To avoid stripping natural oils from your scalp, shampoo every other day with a repairing cleanser.
OUR PICK: Matrix Biolage Fortethérapie Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner
QUICK TIP: Don't forget to bring your veil or headpiece to the tria run of your big-day do.
Photography: Michael Essig