Whether or not you believe in the superstition that it's bad luck for the bride and groom to see each other before the wedding, there's no denying how special the moment is when their eyes finally meet. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle clearly believe in this philosophy, because the royal pair plan to spend the night before their big day at separate hotels near Windsor Castle.
Photo Credit: Chris Jackson via Getty Images
According to royal reporter, Omid Scobie, Meghan Markle will spend the night before the wedding at Cliveden House on The National Trust's Cliveden Estate with her mother, Doria Ragland, and Prince Harry will be staying at Coworth Park with his brother and best man Prince William.
The royal bride-to-be will not be having a maid-of-honor, but Meghan's mother will play a major role in the wedding. According to Kensington Palace, Ms. Ragland will travel with Ms. Markle by car to Windsor Castle. Where (we hope) the will break tradition and walk her daughter down the aisle.
As far as who will be representing the royal family on the big day, here is the complete list:
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is hosting the wedding and luncheon at Windsor Castle
- Prince Charles will be hosting a private reception at Frogmore House
- Prince William is his best man
- Prince William's two eldest children George, 4 and Charlotte, 3 will be the page boy and bridesmaid
Remember how cute Prince George and Princess Charlotte were at Pippa's wedding last year?!
Other bridesmaids include:
- Miss Florence van Cutsem, 4 (Prince Harry's goddaughter)
- Miss Remi Litt, 6 and Miss Rylan Litt, 7 (Daughters of designer Benita Litt and Meghan's goddaughters)
- Miss Ivy Mulroney, 4 (Daughter of Meghan's closest friends and stylist, Jessica Mulroney)
- Miss Zalie Warren, 2 (Prince Harry's goddaughter)
Other pageboys include:
- Jasper Dyer, 6 (Son of a friend and mentor of Harry's, Mark Dyer, and his wife Amanda)
- Brian and John Mulroney, 7 (Twin brothers and sons of Jessica Mulroney)
Prince Harry also wants to feel like his beloved late mother, Princess Diana, is a part of the big day. Her siblings Charles, 9th Earl Spencer, Lady Jane Fellowes and Lady Sarah McCorquodale — will be in attendance. Lady Jane Fellowes will give a reading during the ceremony.
We are so excited to see the royal family affair unfold. Stay tuned for more information and follow our coverage on May 19.