Celebrity Trainer and Creator of the Speir Method, Andrea Speir, shows us some pilates moves to get you wedding ready in just 10 minutes.By: Emily Goldman
While we at Bridal Guide believe being "wedding ready" is a mindset anchored in body confidence and steeped in positivity, many brides want to trim and tone their look before their big day, but don't necessarily have the time to do a full hour-long workout class. With this in mind, we asked pilates queen Andrea Speir to show us how to get toned in time for your "I dos," in just 10 minutes.
1. Begin in a crab position – on your hands and feet, with your bottom hovering above the ground. Next, bend at your elbows, lowering your bottom to just above the mat, and move back up–dipping. Do 10 reps.
2. When bending at the elbows, add a high-leg kick, as pictured below, then return back up. Do 10 on each side.
3. Next, move into a side plank, with one foot in front of the other. Reach one arm up with your head facing the sky. Return to a regular plank position, add a push-up, and repeat on the opposite side. Proceed with 10 on each side.
4. Stretch it out with child's pose.
5. Move into a modified plank, with weight on elbows, holding for 30 seconds.
6. Next, move to your right side for 10 leg lifts, lifting your leg up, then lowering it in front of your right foot, return your leg back up, then lower behind your right foot. Do 10 of these, then switch to your left side for another 10 lifts.
7. Lay on your back with both legs hovering off the ground, moving your legs slowly up simultaneously until you reach a 90 degree angle, then return legs so feet hover above the mat. Do 10.
8. Remain on your back and place legs in table top position, with hands behind your head without straining your neck.
9. Next, move your right knee in to touch your left side of your chest while your left leg remains straight, parallel to the ground. The move should look like you are riding a bike. Continue the movement, 10 on each side.
10. Have some fun for the final move, which has you standing on your knees, tucking your hips under so your abs are contracting, and rocking your hips in a swinging motion from left to right. Do this movement for the remaining time, around one minute.
For more expert moves from Speir, visit her YouTube channel.
Now that you know the moves to get you fit for your big day, find inspiration with these Top 10 Ways to Find Your Exercise Motivation.