Whether hair is chocolate-brown or vixenish jet-black, a must-have for the sultry brunette bride is a glossy, polished finish for the perfect big-day look.
- For the brown-haired bride with not-so-secret shades of gray, a last-minute emergency quick fix is in order — Paul Cucinello, Creative Director at the Chris Chase Salon in New York City suggests Clairol Root Touch-Up.
- For brilliant brunettes with rich chocolate-brown locks, amp up your luster level with Oscar Blandi At Home Salon Glaze; mix daily with conditioner.
- U Color by Umberto is ideal for the single-process brunette—think Kim Kardashian. It contains a gloss that provides even coverage and shine.
Our experts agree that choosing natural reds with golden or copper undertones is superior to synthetic-looking, cooler cherry tones for your wedding.
- Cucinello loves the deep color you get with Couture Colour Luxeblend Crème in Auburn.
- Remember, ladies: over-processed hair can cause textural damage, so using the right conditioning product is key to maintaining healthy-looking hair — try Kérastase Chroma Riche Masque.
- For after-color care, Brad Johns, Color Director of the Salon and Spa at Saks Fifth Avenue swears by LOVE Lovely.
- Conditioner by Davines, which has natural ingredients like prickly pear and fig extract to add softness and elasticity.
Attention blonde bombshell brides: Take the “Goldilocks” look to new heights! Johns says to steer clear of ashy or frosty blonde shades, and go for golden or baby blonde tones—warmth and richness is key for the big day.
- Oribe Gold Pomade, dub bed "makeup for the hair," contains crushed gold minerals, which provide a metallic, golden shine.
- For a last-minute boost, try Sheer Blonde Go Blonder by John Frieda, which gradually lightens blonde tones to achieve that sun-kissed look.
For the DIY bride, reach for L’Oréal Preference Les Blondissimes which imparts a gorgeous golden color while also nourishing the hair.