It's a huge honor to be a maid of honor or a bridesmaid, and you'll experience many fantastic moments as a member of the bride's VIP circle. However, with so many different tasks to complete, purchases to make, and personalities to deal with, bridesmaids may have to solve some etiquette challenges before they can pop those champagne corks just yet.
You don't want to let the bride down or battle with the other 'maids...but you also have to look out for yourself so that you don't wind up in a financial mess or other big drama. Here, smart solutions to your toughest questions (that you've always secretly wished you could ask!).
1. The bride picked out a bridesmaids dress you can't afford ►
2. You're asked to contribute towards the bridal shower or bachelorette party, but the suggested amount is too high ►
3. You live in a different state and can't attend a pre-wedding party, but the bridesmaids expect you to help pay for it anyway ►
4. Everyone has their heart set on a girls' getaway, but you don't have the budget for it ►
1. The bride wants one thing for her bridal shower, but her mom wants something totally different ►
2. The bride is too obsessed with her wedding ►
3. The bride can never make up her opinion about what she wants, and it's affecting the bridesmaids' planning ►
Sharon Naylor is the author of Bridesmaid on a Budget: How to be a Brilliant Bridesmaid Without Breaking the Bank, sharonnaylor.net.
Featured: Mindy Weiss on How to Save Money on
Your Wedding Without Sacrificing Style.
Get more planning advice here.