Angel Sanchez designs for a bride who is "a balance between the modern and classic. On her wedding day, she wants timeless elegance with a unique modern twist.” The latest collection features intricate embroideries that give off a delicate, romantic feel.
To complement the gowns down the runway, hairstylist Leonard Zagami, of the Anthony Leonard Salon for Moroccanoi, created a romantic look of textured waves, accented with a unique silver headband.
Here, get step-by-step instructions on how to replicate this look:
1. Apply a curl-enhancing mousse, like Moroccanoil Curl Defining Mousse, on damp hair, focusing on the roots and top for subtle lift. Then, use Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream throughout the rest of the hair for soft, natural-looking hold.
2. As you blow dry, use your fingers to lift the hair on the top, then the sides and back.
3. Once your hair is dry, use a 1.5" curling iron to create soft, textured waves. Don't clamp—just wrap the hair around the iron for a few seconds, resulting in more natural-looking waves. Finger-comb the curls to add separation and definition.
3. The finishing touch: “To create a modern take on the tiara or jeweled hair combs, I applied silver gel in subtle patterns all around the hairline, then wrapped a 1.5-inch plastic headband around the hairline, which was tied at the nape of the neck. I had created a jagged pattern on the headband to accent some of the details of the gown," said Zagami.
4. Set the look with shine-enhancing hairspray (try Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong).
—Kristen O'Gorman Klein