After a year of romantic getaways, house hunting and stolen kisses, Green Lantern costars Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds tied the knot in a top-secret ceremony in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina this past weekend. Although the hush-hush nuptials of this gorgeous Gossip Girl came as a major shock to the world, she isn't the first celebrity to pull this off. Here are some other A-list couples that (much to our disappointment) opted for an intimate affair.
1. Beyoncé and Jay-Z. This crazy-in-love pair has been in the spotlight for just about every aspect of their careers — but their love life is a different story. The famously tight-lipped couple exchanged vows at the rapper’s New York City apartment on April 4, 2008. Only close family members and friends (including Bey's Destiny's Child bandmates and Gwyneth Paltrow) were invited to the ultra-lavish affair, which was decorated with about 60,000 exotic orchids flown in from Thailand.
Photo Credit: "I Am Beyonce" Tumblr
2. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin. Best friends think alike: Beyoncé’s actress BFF, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Coldplay rockstar hubby Chris Martin made it official on December 5, 2003. Their Santa Barbara wedding was so low-key that their own family members didn’t even receive an invite. The happy couple also announced that they were expecting their first child, Apple, a week before the wedding took place.
Photo Credit: Goop Journal Issues
3. Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied. The Academy Award-winning actress met the French dancer and choreographer two years ago while filming Black Swan. The talented duo celebrated their marriage in Big Sur, California last month. Portman walked down the aisle in a tea-length Rodarte dress, wearing a wildflower crown in her hair. They personalized every aspect of their special day, from their 45-minute traditional Jewish ceremony to their modern, all-vegan dinner menu. Guests included their son Aleph, Ivanka Trump and Macauley Culkin.
Photo Credit: Fox Searchlight Pictures
4. Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady. The world's highest-paid supermodel wed her New England Patriots quarterback back in February 2009. The ceremony took place at a Santa Monica church; in order to maintain the secrecy, guests were told that they were going to a christening! The bride wore a stunning Galliano gown with a traditional veil.
Photo Credit: Gisele Bundchen Facebook Page
5. Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom. The Victoria's Secret angel and her actor beau tied the knot in July 2010, just one month after publically announcing their engagement. The news leaked out when Kerr missed a scheduled appearance on August 3 as an ambassador for an Australian department store, David Jones, because she was on her honeymoon. The couple has yet to reveal any major details about their big day...
Photo Credit: Miranda Kerr Official Twitter