12 months until the wedding
Your focus: Start your fitness regimen!
It's important to start early to drop weight the healthy way—through diet and exercise. DO NOT take any weight loss-promising pills, powders or gels. You should get a jump on things to avoid the temptation to crash diet closer to your big day, which will just cause stress and fatigue. Thanks to the plethora of fitness options available, it's easy to find a program that suits you and your lifestyle. You can join a gym, take Pilates classes, hire a trainer or even just go for regular walks outside. If you're thinking about hiring a personal trainer, make sure to inquire about package discounts, which can save you up to 5%-10% per trainer session.
Set a realistic goal for yourself, but most of all know that you are going to look fabulous no matter what.
Your Bridal Beauty Budget Guide*
- Average Gym Membership: $50/month
- Personal Trainer (at the Gym): $65/session , plus gym membership costs
- Personal Trainer (private training studio): $70/ session
- Private Personal Trainer at home: $70-$150/session
- At-Home Fitness DVDs: $15-$25
- Private Pilates class: $75/hour
- Group equipment classes: $35 hour
- Pilates Mat classes: $20/session.
Editor's Pick: P90X, $140; available at beachbody.com.
*All prices are approximate and subject to change.